Discover the Van Gogh in you and explore the art of palette knife painting and be fascinated by the range of effects, depths and textures!
Learn the basics of how to use a palette knife for applying and creating awesome colourful and floral details using a stable and delicious buttercream. This workshop will teach you the techniques behind the tools as well as plenty of tips and tricks. You’ll go home with the confidence to develop your new painting skills, as the basic of covering and perfectly smoothing your cake like a pro!
September 28 / 9am-5pm / £220 / Uxbridge
Only 4 students accepted in a class.
What you will learn:
- Class will start with a demonstration on how to make a fool-proof and heat-proof stable buttercream
- Discussion about cake decorating basics: levelling, filling, crumbcoating, covering your cake, smoothing and achieving sharp edges
- Learn how to do a achieve a perfectly smooth buttercream surface
- Understand the use of different palette knives
- Learn essential skills about correct strokes and angles
- Learn about colour, texture and creating 3D sculpture effects to form floral details
- Improve and expand students existing knowledge and skill levels whilst building confidence with the use palette knives and buttercream