Cake mishaps, cake horror stories and cake accidents are universal experience to every single cake decorator. Majority, if not all, have had a fair share of this disaster. This is the very reason why an in depth understanding of cake construction is extremely important. More than the gloriousness of the design that everyone will see on the outside, it is the construction of the cake that will determine its fate. More often than not, failure to observe this process correctly leads to many unknowingly mistakes we make.
On this class, Valeri will dig in deeply on how to do everything correctly from start to finish. No short cuts, no skipping.
In this class you will:
- Learn how to trim the cake.
- Learn how to torte the cake properly so that you can apply an even layer of filling.
- Learn how to apply the filling of the cake properly.
- Learn how to crumbcoat and cover your cake properly.
- Understand the principles on how to do the mentioned above processes correctly and why you should give importance to these steps
- Learn how to use your cake covering tools properly In a more convenient way.
- Understand the correct angles of different tools that you use to cover your cake.
- Learn how to smooth your cake like a fondant finish and achieve sharp edge.
- Lectures 4
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1408
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes