Dowelling a cake is NOT an option for tiered cakes. These dowels are the pillars of any tiered cakes, for without these, your cake will collapse because the bottom tier will not be able to carry the weight of the other tiers. These dowels inside will provide stability on your cake and peace of mind for yourself. Remember, a toppling cake is every cake decorator’s worst nightmare.
Another serious note that we have to emphasize is the stacking of your tiers. Unless of course your overall cake design requires for it to not be centred, positioning of every tier catches the eye of the audience almost instantly, therefore it should be done accurately.
In this class you will:
- Learn about different kinds of dowels and alternatives.
- Learn how to use your dowels properly.
- Learn how to strategically position your dowels into your cakes.
- Learn how to create a template to make sure that your above tiers are centred.
- Learn how to stack buttercream cakes correctly.
- Lectures 4
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 983
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes